CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Music


Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday AGAIN!!!

We were thinking about post poning Brooklyn's big birthday party for a later date but the more we started talking to people, the more we realized just how much we have going on in the next several weeks. SOOOOOO............we decided that we would just have family over to my mom and dad's pool and have a little cake and ice cream and call that her birthday party for the year. We will have another big party next year.


I am still in awe everyday of how much she has really grown in the last year. Time has flown by so fast and I wonder if there is anything that I have messed of her growing up. I do know that the terrible 2's are here and I hope they are gone soon but somehow I doubt they are.

It was a tedious task but we had to figure some way of getting her cast wrapped up good so she wouldn't get water in it and we found the key........press and seal!!!!!!! Not a drop of water got in her cast!!!!

Finally we got her in the pool and she turned into a fish!!!!! She absolutely loves being in the water and with her arm floaties she thought she could swim as good as the rest of us.

Her with her cousin, Austin.


This was only a third of my family that was there!!!!!

Her birthday cupcake cake???? It was cute and very good when you have a bunch of kids, you don't have to cut pieces, you just hand them each their own cupcake.

The product of red icing!!!!!



Some of the other family that was there


First year for the pinata and she loved it. We were thinking about getting her one that was shaped like Elmo but we started thinking about it, she may not like the kids hitting Elmo and we didn't want her to be scarred for life so we opted for the round seaseme street one.

When we got all the toys in the house at 10 pm!!!!! she felt like it was Christmas and we had to play with every toy last night.

She had a very good birthday and enjoyed having her family around her. As I sat and watched our 2 year old play around in the pool along with all of her second cousins, it gave me such a sense of happiness. I was raised with all of my cousins around me and we were a very tight knit family and we had always talked about keeping our family close and it has finally come the day where our family has expanded and grown outside the means of a house but yet we still all come together in the littlest spaces just so we can keep the family together. I know one day Brooklyn is going to be telling her friends at school about her cousins and she will actually be talking about her 2nd cousins. There aren't many people out there who know their 2nd cousins or even most of their 1st cousins, to me, that is something special.

Thanks to my family for sharing in this special day with Brooklyn and making memories with her!!!! We love you so much!!!!!

0 comments: